Another shameless promotion.

Posted: September 5th, 2009 | Author: | Filed under: Misc. | 6 Comments »

I totally forgot another great gal in my life who has something big brewing: MY MOM!

She’s the local (Minnesota) chapter president of the Pajama Program. It’s a pretty wonderful program that does a really simple and oft overlooked thing- they give new pajamas and books to kids awaiting adoption and placement in foster homes.

I know I put fresh jams on my boys every night, it’s a simple thing really. Books and jammies. It’s part of almost every bedtime routine- get on your pajamas and cuddle with a book before lights out. What could help you feel more normal than that? So many kids find themselves in uncomfortable and unknown situations everyday- the Pajama Program provides a small but comforting thing and helps wrap these kids up in a little bit of love each night.

Check it out!
If you are interested in making donations or becoming involved please contact:
Julie Ecklund at juliee@pajamaprogram.org

• No Related Posts

6 Comments on “Another shameless promotion.”

1. 1 sscar.az said at 1:26 pm on September 6th, 2009:

What a great program. Steve and I will see what we can do. I'm also going to bring it up to my Girl Scouts and see if it something our girls can help with.

~Sarah

2. 2 Miss Erin said at 1:41 pm on September 6th, 2009:

One of the new Linx players just bacame a spokeswoman for the program so that's been pretty awesome- it happened right after my mom took over here so it's had a little more attention in MN than it had before. There should be drop off sites listed on each states page. Thanks Sarah!

3. 3 Anonymous said at 10:32 pm on September 6th, 2009:

Thanks Erin for the "Shout Out" for the Pajama Program. It truly is a great organization.
    The Moms of Multiples in St. Paul have chosen the Pajama Program as their charity to sponsor this year, so I will be in touch with Andrea.

Julie

4. 4 Lisa said at 8:11 am on September 8th, 2009:

This is such a great program. Can I use your button and link on my blog?

5. 5 Miss Erin said at 4:23 pm on September 8th, 2009:

Lisa- I'm not sure how to make this an official button- I just have a pic with a link right now. I'm going to contact Genevieve @ PP and see if they can put a button on their website.

6. 6 Lisa said at 6:54 am on September 9th, 2009:

Thanks for the note Erin and for checking into the button for me. I didn't see one on their site so I figured you made it and I didn't want to grab it w/o permission. ~Lisa