We’ve been holding onto this little gem for about a month now:
Well, we figured we’d take a chance and give this baby thing a go again sometime after the boys turned one. We aren’t that young anymore and I don’t want to be sending my kids off to college when I turn 60, so they’ll be close together. I’m pretty excited about that actually.
After a few weeks of intense nausea and a few comments at work hinting that “hey- maybe you are pregnant!” (how many times can you dodge THAT without making it sound like an accident?) we decided it was time to take a test. In the back of my mind I knew, but you still need to see that test.
So, tonight (12-10)it’s official. Well, as official as it’ll be until I go in to see my Midwife. I saw her on the 18th- still official
Some things we’re going to do differently this time:
– We are going to WAIT to tell people! I think people knew 2 weeks after we knew last time- that’s a lot of weeks to be giving updates and frankly, it gets kind of exhausting giving updates for that long. If you are reading this, it’s probably around 12 weeks by now (it’s almost 10). And if you are Jenna, you probably figured it out long ago, for obvious reasons.
– We’re going to be open to a c-section from the get-go. I had one with the boys and I’m not sure I’m on board with a VBAC. Ah yes, it’ll be a C-Section.
– Mr. Wonderful has vowed not to gain a bunch of weight after the baby is born. Hopefully cutting out as much fast food as possible will help with that.
– I am going to find some way to enjoy this- even if I’m sick the whole time. So far it seems that I’m just one of those lucky ladies who gets to be sick for 9 months. I get healthy babies on the other end, and a healthy case of momnesia, so I guess I can deal. This is increasingly hard as it’s really kicking in hardcore and even the Zofran isn’t working.
– What if it’s another set of twins? Well how exciting would THAT be? Guess we’ll have to get that mini-van after all…We find out on the 18th.
– What if it’s a girl? I think I can handle a girl now. I’d love another boy though. Obviously health comes before all other wishes here.
So I’m what- 4 weeks? 6 weeks? I’m not nearly as up to date with this one as I was with the last one. I’m nauseous. All.The.Time. And now throwing up and dry heaving every chance I get! I am extremely tired. My back is killing me. Other than that, things are good. I don’t FEEL good. Blessed? Yes. Good? Not on your life.