SAHM

Posted: January 30th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Misc. | Tags: Day to Day, Family, SAHM | 7 Comments »

My new title.

Did you hear?

So about 3 weeks ago I talked to my boss about putting in my notice as of March 2nd.  Everything was getting a bit too overwhelming with the boys and with them starting school it was going to get more so.  I need to be a better parent in the hours I have with them.  When I’m half asleep I am NOT a good parent.  We made the decision to give 7 weeks with a conditionthat if Jenna found a job before that, I’d give a shorter notice so she wasn’t tied in.

Things were looking good.

Then Jenna got sick.  REALLY sick.  She was admitted to the hospital on a Wednesday, diagnosed with Viral Meningitis and seemed to respond well to fluids that first day.  They expected she would be discharged on that Friday.  I’m not sure exactly why she wasn’t, but it was a good thing.  Saturday she went right down hill.

Saturday was scary.

Saturday we thought there was a chance she could die.

There was this bacteria in her blood and they couldn’t figure out why.  It was like an episode of House playing out in front of our eyes.  With my sister as the patient.  It was scary as hell.

Sunday I called work and talked to HR.  I barely kept it together.  It’s time, I told her.  This is too much and even if she gets better I still have all these weeks I’d be scrambling for childcare and the last thing I want to do is call in a bunch my last few weeks.  So that was it.

Not how I imagined my exit after 15 years with the company.

Jenna is getting better each day.  She’ll be moving to a rehab facility early this week to get her strength back and work on the things we take for granted.  Walking, brushing your teeth, eating, drinking etc.   We are so happy she’s getting better, it’s just not the same without her.

And tomorrow, is my first day at my new job.  I have three pretty demanding bosses.  Or so I’ve heard.

7 Comments on “SAHM”

1. 1 Jennifer said at 10:49 am on January 30th, 2011:

glad to hear jenna is improving day by day. enjoy the new job and extra time with your little guys! i soon hope to join the SAHM job.

2. 2 Heather said at 3:18 pm on January 30th, 2011:

Hi – I found you through TMC. Congrats on becoming a SAHM, I am one too. Sounds like not exactly how you planned it and awful what happened to Jenna.

3. 3 Jessica said at 5:11 pm on January 30th, 2011:

SAHM…..not always the plan but what fun is life if it sticks to plans. Never imagined being one but River made it happen….and I wouldn't change a minute. Good luck with the new career 🙂

4. 4 kate said at 7:34 pm on January 30th, 2011:

although it wasn't the way you wanted it to work out…this will give you more time (not only with) the boys AND jenna! sounds like she's going to need all the love and support only a sister and some nephews can give! i'm so glad to hear she's doing better!

5. 5 Downlod Ebook said at 2:04 pm on April 12th, 2011:

Awesome work there. . http://www.apnatorrents.com/download-misguided-angel-blue-bloods-book-5-free-pdf.html

6. 6 Jenna said at 1:42 am on June 24th, 2011:

Hey I just found this post 🙂 Who knew it would be this long before I started feeling normal? I certainly didn't. I'm glad to have the time off to rest up though. It's more fun coming to visit you and the boys when you don't have to sleep all day and work all night but once or twice a week doesn't seem like enough. I don't want to miss anything. Thanks for all your help, and for putting up with me when I was crazy those first few days. I love you.

7. 7 Alonzo Keep said at 6:53 am on August 8th, 2011:

Regards for this wonderful post, I am glad I found this internet site on yahoo.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘2060971136 which is not a hashcash value.