We made it.
I had a short term goal and here we are. Six months ago I held onto this itty bitty giant baby for the first time and made a promise that we’d see how far we could go with breastfeeding without jumping off of a bridge, and here we are, one goal down.
Yes, we supplement with formula when needed and we are now eating some solids here and there (brown rice cereal as it were) but for the most part, it’s all me. Now that I’m a SAHM it’s all me more than ever.
I said from here on out it was all based on what he needed/ wanted and what we could do together. With the introduction of two teeth last week I’m not sure if we can make it to a year. His new favorite game is to “chew” while he nurses, then he laughs this hilarious laugh when I scream in pain. He’s a spitfire that one.
So, there’s one goal we have knocked down. Woo hoo.
Other milestones, since this kid obviously gets lost in the shuffle here:
– He’s got teeth (2) official date of arrival was January 30th.
– He is pretty mobile. I don’t want to call it crawling because my god he can’t actually be crawling yet…right? It’s mostly a scoot or a drag or an army crawl I guess, he tends to go backwards a lot but gets some good distance because of the wood floors. I do love that I can just put him down there and let him go for awhile.
– He’s in 9 month clothes and if he gets any bigger before winter is over will officially be 6 months ahead of the boys, clothing wise when they were this age.
– I need to get him in for his 6 month appointment (and his 5 month shots) but we’ve been a little busy here the past few weeks.
– His favorite toy is my Black Berry. I think he like it more that I do, and that’s saying something. I think the fact that it’s in or near my hand 24 hours a day makes it really enticing. Plus, Shiny! Lights! Sound!
In other news. I need a blog makeover. Really bad. I want a magic wand and someone to tell me why every time I try and install the html for a certain button I just get a red box but every other html works just fine? My head might explode.
As you were.