Two Truths and a Lie *Revealed*

Posted: February 24th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Misc. | Tags: Two Truths and a Lie | 17 Comments »

I saw this while doing a bit of blog hopping of my own and thought I’d play along!

Here are my three things- two truths, one lie.  Tell me in my comments which one you think is the lie and on Monday I’ll make my big reveal- be sure to check back to see if you are right!  If you blog, link up a Two truths and a lie post of your own!

I think those that got this right picked up on The Slacker Mom (and rightly so) because this is one of the areas I most definitely struggle to be Super Mom.

#1 I clean everything with vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda.
Um, no.  I would like to think I’m the sort of person who would use these things to clean, but sadly, I am not.  I did recently switch to Method products for a story on sustainability for Target’s in-house magazine, but that’s about as far as I can go.  Of course my sister got really sick right about the time I used all of those products and my already pro-bleach brain put all of those green cleaners into hibernation for the winter.  I’m sure Method and or the cleanliness of my house wasn’t the cause of her meningitis and subsequent 30 day stint in the hospital, but just to be sure I’m sticking with my Lysol, bleach and Fabuloso.

#2 While a Freshman at the University of Missouri I attended a conference for Residence Hall Associations where I led a panel on sexual health.
I did do this.  I suppose technically I wasn’t a freshman as it was at a national conference in the summer between my freshman and sophomore years, but I did do it.  It was a student panel and we had meetings with student health where we were supplied with more information on STI’s than you can shake a stick at.  I was kind of surprised that so many people thought it would be odd for a freshman, I suppose at conference for residence hall students your most likely to see 1st and 2nd year students though so it wasn’t odd at the time.

#3 I have a slight obsession with Annapolis Maryland.
Just a teeny tiny one.  Maybe a little bigger.  Ever since my best friend got married there I’ve been smitten.  I’m pretty sure one day we’re going to own a lovely sailboat and retire there.  I should make a vision board or something to make sure this happens.

• No Related Posts

17 Comments on “Two Truths and a Lie *Revealed*”

1. 1 Liz said at 9:44 am on February 24th, 2011:

I'm going to guess number 2 but only because I don't think you would have been a freshman when you did it? Thanks for playing along!

2. 2 darcie said at 10:09 am on February 24th, 2011:

I'm going to guess #2 – even though I think that's so random it CAN'T be made up…the other two just HAVE to be true…Don't they?? xoxo

3. 3 Melinda said at 10:48 am on February 24th, 2011:

I'm going with #2 since a) I, too, clean everything with vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda and b) I, too, have an obsession with a city in which I do not live.

4. 4 Kir said at 11:28 am on February 24th, 2011:

Annapolis sounds too far fetched NOT to be true. I don't think you clean everything with those products. 🙂

5. 5 Colleen said at 11:58 am on February 24th, 2011:

I'm just gonna say 3, 'cause I wanna be the first to say it! 🙂

6. 6 Valerie said at 12:55 pm on February 24th, 2011:

I'm thinking number 2. It seems a bit odd that you'd do that as a freshmen.

7. 7 Kim said at 2:33 pm on February 24th, 2011:

I think # 2. I don't doubt that it happened, but maybe a different age or different school to throw us off?

8. 8 Jenna said at 2:50 pm on February 24th, 2011:

Number ONE!

9. 9 Anti-Supermom said at 4:36 pm on February 24th, 2011:

Come on, if you are true to your name it's got to be #1, lol!

Hi, from another slacker mom

10. 10 Jen said at 5:00 pm on February 24th, 2011:

I agree with those who said #2 because it sounds odd for a freshman to lead a panel at a conference like that.

11. 11 Lana D said at 5:08 pm on February 24th, 2011:

I'm torn between 1 and 2 for the reasons others have listed. I think I'm going to go with #2 because even "slacker moms) have to clean sometime! lol Nice to meet you!

12. 12 bkkorman said at 5:39 pm on February 24th, 2011:

#1, because slacker-mom does not say to me "I make my own homemade cleansers."

13. 13 erinclot said at 7:43 pm on February 24th, 2011:

Ooooh I want to jump in, I'll just say thanks for stopping by!

14. 14 Trish said at 8:45 pm on February 25th, 2011:

Homemade cleaners from a slacker mom? I don't know about that. I bet you are not as much a slacker as your blog title implies. What mom is, really?

And yet, a freshman would have to be awfully brave to lead a sex seminar.

Now that I think of it, do you add lemon to vinegar and baking soda? Wouldn't that make it sticky?

Clearly, I'm vascillating, here. (Did I spell that right)?
    I'm going with number one as the lie.

15. 15 Trish said at 8:51 am on March 2nd, 2011:

Finally! I got one right.

16. 16 Beth said at 3:12 pm on January 30th, 2012:

That is an interesting post. It is interesting to see how people perceive you from just reading your blog :)… I love this concept and actually we do it a lot in faculty meetings and stuff to get to know each other. I know people would never realize that I am as much of a cloth diaper freak as I am, but I definitely am.

17. 17 Amanda J. said at 2:08 pm on February 8th, 2012:

I too am a big Lysol, bleach, clorox, etc. supporter. Whether cleaner or not, it SMELLS cleaner. Which makes my brain THINK it's cleaner. And that makes me also THINK that I've done a good job cleaning. 🙂
    My recent post Organic Mother's Milk Tea