Casey Anthony: Not Guilty

Posted: July 5th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Stream of Consciousness | Tags: Casey Anthony Trial | 8 Comments »

I know I’m not the only person who is absolutely stunned by this verdict. I was very surprised Nancy Grace held it together as well as she did while the verdict was being read.

I understand that it is a good day for the judicial system, because it needs to be allowed to work and like it or lump it, in the end, these 12 people did not think the prosecution proved their case. I get it. I just don’t understand how they could look at the evidence everyone else was looking at and come to that conclusion- in less than 11 hours! I am interested to see what the jurors say once they start talking. You know they are going to start talking.

And the lesser charges? Those were gimmes. So you have to wonder, what did the jurors think she was lying about? Why would she make up those stories? What did she have to cover up? If she isn’t guilty of killing her daughter, what was the point of all of that craziness?

I’m sure she will spend the rest of her life looking for her daughters killer. Who will never be found.

A woman murdered her daughter and walked free today. Those were tears of surprised relief. She knows she got a second chance, she knows it should have gone the other way.

There is no justice for Caylee. No justice at all.

• No Related Posts

8 Comments on “Casey Anthony: Not Guilty”

1. 1 Mandie said at 8:10 pm on July 5th, 2011:

There's so, many issues here. First there's a little girl, killed WAY too young. A 25 year old with SERIOUS issues, and a family torn apart. I just don't have the words yet. I'm still in shock.

2. 2 MK09 said at 8:30 pm on July 5th, 2011:

I think she is innocent simply because she was FOUND to be innocent. Only God will know for sure. One thing I do know is that she will never have a normal life everyone will always make her out to be the killer of her daughter I think its disgusting how so many people can sit back and judge her for acting high and mighty when it no ones place to judge her. She should be judged only by God but on top of that all the 'righteous I'm better than you are' people in the world will make her life miserable.
    Its pathetic.

3. 3 Heather said at 8:51 pm on July 5th, 2011:

The whole thing makes me angry…I am glad once she gets out she won't live a normal life. She does't deserve it.

4. 4 CeeJay said at 8:44 am on July 6th, 2011:

Who are we to determine what she does or does not deserve? NO ONE knows what happened to that child except MAYBE her mother and grandfather. Honestly, I've watched nearly every hour of the trial and I think the jury made the right decision. I think Caylee's death was an accident that they then (wrongly) tried to cover up. I don't think anyone intentionally killed that little girl. And the ONLY reason this family's dysfunction came to light is because of this case. How many dysfunctional families out there are never even SEEN, even by their closest friends? She was found innocent. I trust the judicial system. By saying she's not, I would be calling twelve jurors liars. No matter what the verdict was, justice would not have been served. Caylee is dead. Wrongly convicting her mother would not serve anyone's best interest.

5. 5 M said at 9:00 am on July 6th, 2011:

I didn't watch the trial, but if it was an accidental death I don't think she would have reacted the way she did. You don't go partying and having a grand old time if you're daughter is dead. You grieve. Or if she was truly missing, you look for her and don't wait 31 days to report it to the police. The fact that she didn't really seem upset seems to me the most obvious evidence that she did it.

6. 6 erinclot said at 9:15 am on July 6th, 2011:

As a Mom, this is exactly how I feel. I freak if they are out of my sight for 5 minutes, I can't even imagine what it would take to lead people down the yellow brick road that she did. It's just bizarre. If there was an accident…well, accidents happen. You don't cover up an accident.

7. 7 Nicole H said at 12:41 pm on July 6th, 2011:

I just want to clarify to everyone that being found "not guilty" does NOT mean that you were found "innocent".

8. 8 ashley said at 8:53 pm on July 6th, 2011:

Casey needs to work on the lying thing too. Everybody she meets from now on friends, employers etc will always have that doubt in their minds if she is really telling them the truth.

I think all of us are wondering why one would cover up a child's death, even if it was an accident. Maybe there could of been a chance medics could of saved the child. There's been miracles before on the hospital bed. Caylee my little angel I hope you are happy where ever you are.