Birthday. Cake.

Posted: August 9th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Food | Tags: Birthday, Cake., Pics | 11 Comments »

Judah’s Birthday came and went without a hitch.  On his actual Birthday, we opened all of the gifts that came in the mail from exotic locations like Missoula Montana and Yorktown Virginia.  I think having family from far away means that we will always have a gift opening that consists of many packing boxes and at least 1 box cutter.

On Sunday, we had a little family party here at our house.  The weather was gorgeous and the boys were in great moods.  Judah wore his Birthday Outfit from Grandma C (although we had to pop the shirt as soon as food was introduced) and even wore a party had for about 37 seconds.

Here is a little bit of the cake action.  Notice the extra helpful hands of Lincoln and Wyatt…

Judah is ready to eat!

Judah's Tie-Dye Smash Cake

Get this hat off me!

Dude, it's cake...better let me taste it

I get it now, I should eat this deliceious Rainbow Cake.

My Cake!

It's not like it's my birthday or anything....

Get your paws offa my cake!

Ahhhh, taste the rainbow!

Fine, I'll share my cake.

And finally, the effects of too much sugar (Why yes we did let him have another piece of cake with dinner.  Is that bad?) and not enough naps combine for this 2 hours later:

Judah falls asleep in his highchair

I’m just gonna rest my eyes.

Another 1st Birthday, another reincarnation of the Rainbow Cake.  I can’t believe you are one.  On the other hand, I can’t believe you are ONLY one!  It’s been quite a year, I can’t wait to see what  happens before the next one.

11 Comments on “Birthday. Cake.”

1. 1 Jenna said at 11:36 pm on August 9th, 2011:

Finally! Some pictures up. GOD that kid is cute…

2. 2 erinclot said at 9:29 am on August 10th, 2011:

I have a bunch of the gift opening and a few of him making the rounds before we ate. I\’ll post them all to Shutterfly someday.

3. 3 Sarah said at 12:16 am on August 10th, 2011:

I love that last picture!!! That is one I would frame maybe in B&W or Sepia. He is toooooo cute.

Happy Birthday Judah!!!

4. 4 erinclot said at 9:29 am on August 10th, 2011:

It is pretty frame-worthy 🙂

5. 5 beverly said at 12:30 am on August 10th, 2011:

love the last pic- great red chair that pops with that background– what a pose!! adorable!

6. 6 erinclot said at 9:28 am on August 10th, 2011:

If only his face were cleaner 😉

7. 7 Bonnie said at 8:41 am on August 10th, 2011:

Oh good. I thought for sure that last picture was going to be a screaming meltdown picture……. I wish cake put my kids to sleep! 😉

8. 8 erinclot said at 9:28 am on August 10th, 2011:

I know- the cakes I made were basically sugar and food coloring, I\’m surprised we haven\’t had little hellions running around this week!

9. 9 Judy said at 9:01 am on August 10th, 2011:

He looks all birthdayed out!

10. 10 erinclot said at 9:27 am on August 10th, 2011:

It was pretty cute. He just leaned back and passed out. Didn\’t even fight it like his brothers do.

11. 11 Lori said at 1:17 pm on August 16th, 2011:

Haha totally love the last picture. The Gnome's first birthday is on 10/10 and I am so excited to see him eat cake. We've withheld all sugar and that will be his first taste. We aren't going to do a healthy cake either, we're doing a full on sugar coma cake.