We Made It!

Posted: October 1st, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Living in the City | Tags: Cake., City Living, Cloth Diapers, fall, Minneapolis, outdoors, renting, Squirrels | 8 Comments »

What a week.

First off: Squirrels

So many squirrels. If I hated them when they were just chucking acorns down from their perch in the Oak tree, I *really* hate them when they are scratching around in my ceiling and sitting on my coffee maker. Did you catch that? One got INTO our living space!

Now, I wasn’t home when this happened. I was at Target with Yogi Dad- doing our bi-weekly grocery shopping when I get a call from my Mom who was watching the boys. Squirrel! Running around the house, There was some screaming and some OMG whatdoIdoooooooo?

You lock the kids in a bedroom, let the cat* corral our little rodent visitor into the laundry room and wait for the Handy Landlord to come over is what you do. It’s times like these when I am so happy to be a renter. I get to call someone else to deal with this kind of stuff. Stuff like sealing up entry points and pulling nests out of soffits.

Of course less than 24 hours later we had another one scratching around above the kitchen. It must be time to find a winter home.

Damn Squirrels.

Which brings me to apples. (Don’t worry how I got there)

Apples. Whole ones. My boys are enamored with eating them in this form. Two at a time mostly. That’s like 6 apples going at once. That is a lot of apples. I don’t know if the budget can keep up with so much apple consumption! Cut-up apples simply will not do. They are eating everything- even the core, so weird!

But, they are helping to keep everyone quite regular, which after the summer of awesomeness (no Miralax!) I am glad to have continue.

Which brings me to diapers. (It’s obvious how I got here)

I want to know what you are using. Cloth? Disposables? A little of both? I put a handy dandy poll over on my sidebar and I’ve had 3 measly clicks in a week. I know I have a lot of cloth diapering mamas reading here. So, click on that poll, let me know where you are on the diapering scale. If you use cloth, leave me a comment and tell me what your absolute favorite diaper is and why. Because I love fluff and I’ve got a little something brewing that I need a little input on 😉

My week wasn’t all bad- it started off with a Fondant tasting and some twin talk hosted by Beki over at Beki Cook’s Cakes. If you are in the Twin Cities you should check her out- she does cake decorating parties and classes. You too can master the art of the Cupcake Swirl!

Have a great weekend everyone!

*Audrey is gaining back some of her awesome points after that one. Stanley was of course barking his head off in the bedroom and Henry was nowhere to be found.

Don’t forget to follow along on Twitter and Facebook!

8 Comments on “We Made It!”

1. 1 Evelyn @HauteMilk said at 2:46 pm on October 1st, 2011:

I love your writing style. Your aside on the apples made me giggle. Also, I voted in your poll. So far I’m the only one who picked full time cloth, but I’m sure more will follow. Can you tweet your poll?
    Evelyn @HauteMilk recently posted..Night Weaning: Why I Hope It Never HappensMy Profile

2. 2 erinclot said at 8:08 pm on October 1st, 2011:

Hi Evelyn! Thanks for the kind words- I laugh a lot when I write and I hope people can see the humor in my posts 🙂

I tweeted the poll last week, I'll probably tweet it again, maybe Monday when there is a little more Twitter traffic. Tomorrow's post is all about my cloth stash, so we'll see if anyone comes to check that out.

3. 3 motherwifeteacher said at 4:01 pm on October 2nd, 2011:

I think I'd be more interested in trying cloth if I were a SAHM. As it is…well.. disposables it is. Yes, I am filling the landfills. I just can't bring myself to add poopy diaper laundry to my already overflowing work-week to-do list. We're currently diaper-free in our house, but that's going to change in a few weeks when the new baby arrives.

4. 4 Jenna said at 4:47 pm on October 2nd, 2011:

You know I don't have kids, but after being your nanny I think I'm qualified to have an opinion on this cloth diaper business. I like the old style G-diapers, because the Velcro is so nice. And any of the others with Velcro. Once the boys got big and strong and squirmy, I couldn't snap those snaps fast enough.

5. 5 erinclot said at 8:09 am on October 5th, 2011:

I love the velcro on those ones too. I think they are getting a wee bit short on the rise though. I may have to give them up!

6. 6 StephanieinSuburbia said at 8:31 pm on October 3rd, 2011:

Ok you are lucky you are renting b/c my parents had a major squirrel problem in their East Coast house. Oh my gosh, it was like a mob hit! Super holes in the ceilings and walls as they made their way through the house in varying manners. They still haven't patched all the holes.

7. 7 erinclot said at 8:10 am on October 5th, 2011:

I would FREAK out if it got that bad! So far it seems like whatever he did is working to keep them out. No noises coming from above, so we'll see. Cross your fingers for us.

8. 8 Becky Worthman said at 4:28 pm on January 29th, 2012:

An apple a day! that's hilarious thanks for sharing! Leave nuts outside, maybe it will run away? thank goodness you have a landlord!