My Name is Erin. I am Addicted to Fluff.

Posted: October 2nd, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Cloth Diapers | Tags: Cloth Diaper Stash Pics, Cloth Diapers, Show Me Your Stash | 10 Comments »

It feels good to get that off my chest.

for those of you NOT in the know- fluff is a reference to the big booties created by cloth diapers. There is really nothing cuter. Sure, they may have to wear pants a size bigger than the normally would, but that’s a small price to pay to not be dumping tons and tons of diaper trash into the landfills each week.

How many people get excited about their disposable diapers?

Anyone raising their hands?

I didn’t think so.

How many people get excited about their cloth diapers?

Me too!

It’s easy to get excited with cloth because you have tons of options- from covers and pre-folds, to hybrids to diapers that go on and off the exact same way as a disposable. It’s like compiling a wardrobe of cute accessories, it’s endless.

I started really simple.

The Slacker Mom's gDiaper Stash

I started with gDiapers. I actually started with just two of them! Well, two gDiapers and a big pile of Diaper Service Quality Gerber prefolds.

The Slacker Mom's Prefolds and Flats Stash

Prefolds and flats with gDiapers or covers are *still* the workhorse diapers in my stash. The everyday diapers. What we use probably 75% of the time.

Since we were so happy with prefolds (nothing holds more liquid than a cotton prefold- NOTHING), we added in a bunch of covers: Thirsties, Wonder Wraps, Whisper Wraps, Flips, you name it, I probably have at least one.

(Pssst! You’re already here, may as well take this poll———>)

The Slacker Mom's Diaper Cover Stash

When a fellow cloth diapering mom was offering up her stash of fitteds, I jumped at the chance to buy those babies up. (I’m pretty sure there is no market for second hand disposable diapers. Cloth on the other hand, lets just say you more than get your money’s worth out of them.) Fitteds with covers quickly became a favorite for when we were out and about.

The Slacker Mom's Fitted Cloth Diaper Stash

We’d also collected a few pocket diapers along the way: SmartiPants, FuzziBunz and Happy Heinys.

The Slacker Mom's Pocket Diaper Stash

And an entire stash just for a newborn. Because when you pull an itty bitty Bum Genius diaper out of your mailbox at 9 months pregnant you about die from the cute.

The Slacker Mom's Newborn Diaper Stash

All of this and it’s really only the tip of the iceberg! The AIO’s are only represented in my newborn stash, I’ve got no wool at all and the WAHM segment is nowhere to be found. Seriously, there are some sweet diapers made by talented moms who are knocking them out one at a time after the kids go to bed at night.

So, what’s in your stash? Tell me in the comments and don’t forget to participate in my little poll over there on ye old sidebar —->

As always, follow me on Twitter and Facebook!

10 Comments on “My Name is Erin. I am Addicted to Fluff.”

1. 1 Guavalicious said at 7:27 pm on October 4th, 2011:

Hey I recognize those fitteds! 😉 Cloth diapering is such an economical choice. I wish more people realized that.
    My recent post Giveaway : Shains Gift Set

2. 2 erinclot said at 12:01 pm on October 14th, 2011:

Is it bad that my favorite diaper is pink with rainbows?

3. 3 Jill said at 9:31 pm on November 15th, 2011:

Wow–the options sure are a lot cuter, and more abundant, since I cloth diapered my last bum 14 years ago. These are great!

4. 4 Lindsey Daly said at 1:51 pm on January 2nd, 2012:

We love our Sunbaby diapers! You can't beat the price (12 diapers and inserts for $60) for this quality diaper. Not to mention they have really cute prints.

5. 5 Alanna said at 2:32 pm on January 4th, 2012:

I am also addicted to fluff…I de-stash just to buy more! 😉

6. 6 regan said at 11:17 am on January 9th, 2012:

Haha! We started out much the same way with the g-diapers and it turned into a full blown addiction. I no longer have my g-diapers, but I have tried over 30 brands and types of diapers and I know that's nothing compared to some people out there. I also de-stash to buy more just to see if there's something out there that I like better. It's a problem when you start sneaking to the mail and rushing a fluffy package up to the baby's room before your husband sees it since there's a 50/50 chance that he wouldn't notice new diapers anyway.

7. 7 erinclot said at 11:20 am on January 9th, 2012:

Maybe we should just call gDiaper's the “gateway” diaper 😉

8. 8 Beth R said at 4:27 pm on January 27th, 2012:

I just saw this post and had to read it from the title. I have to say that I am joining your cloth diaper addicts club. I can't get enough and all of the patterns now are so adorable! We cloth diapered our first and have extensively expanded the different types since him. With our first we stuck to mostly BG because my mil bought them for us. But as I try more types I am loving more brands! I haven't found one I didn't like for one reason or another. Just more reason to buy more 🙂 I probably should try selling some so I can get some more 🙂

9. 9 Rebekah Worthman said at 4:25 pm on January 29th, 2012:

Thanks for this post–I am addicted to reading about fluff now…soon to be buying….I am only 10 weeks pregnant.

10. 10 Sonja said at 12:21 am on February 11th, 2012:

I am just about to jump back into cloth and am getting nervous. I never got a great wash routine down with the first kid.