I’m Guest Posting Today!

Posted: October 11th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Autism | Tags: Autism, Diagnosis, Guest Post | 6 Comments »

The other day I was on Twitter and came across someone looking for guest posters on the topic of Autism. I like to guest post. I like to talk about Autism. Well, I would rather *not* have to talk about Autism, but these are the cards we’ve been dealt, you understand.

It’s kind of therapeutic for me, especially sharing our diagnosis story. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if a Mom says she is worried about her child’s speech, I will never be the one who brushes her off and tells her to wait it out. Waiting is for the birds- there is a reason Early Intervention exists!

imamomtoo is still looking for guest posters to share their autism stories for the month of October (and beyond!).

And if you could be so kind as to read my post, I would really love it.

6 Comments on “I’m Guest Posting Today!”

1. 1 Meghan said at 9:39 am on October 11th, 2011:

Thanks for sharing my search for more Autism stories…and thanks for being my first guest post! 🙂

2. 2 Debbie/Africa said at 12:46 pm on October 11th, 2011:

I am going to go check out your guest post now. But I do have a question…….I do not have children of my own (yet) but I am curious as to what you mean regarding the speech problems? What exactly do you mean.

Thanks!!

Debbie/Africa
    Debbie/Africa recently posted..Just Write – Tie-DyeMy Profile

3. 3 Debbie/Africa said at 12:51 pm on October 11th, 2011:

I read your guest post now!! And my questions were answered!! Thanks again!!
    Debbie/Africa recently posted..Post-it Note Tuesday – National Coming Out DayMy Profile

4. 4 erinclot said at 6:26 pm on October 11th, 2011:

Sorry I missed this earlier Debbie! Thanks for reading my post 🙂

5. 5 Ryon said at 9:31 am on October 12th, 2011:

Good post Erin, i am glad you got the giant mound of paperwork done for now and can move forward. i know I am not up there to see the boys often but I can see lots of improvement since they have been diagnosed. i think they will continue to learn more and more now that they are in the schools that can help them learn their own way. You are a great mom and I will take your advice and listen to my instincts with Delilah.

6. 6 erinclot said at 12:05 pm on October 12th, 2011:

I think Moms know better than anyone. I don't think you get told enough to trust your gut as a new mom.