W-Day Plus 60*

Posted: October 20th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Breastfeeding | Tags: Breastfeeding, Breastfeeding Blog Hop, check-in, Weaning | 8 Comments »

We are 60 Days past the day Judah last latched. I can’t say I miss it too terribly much.

There are some things I miss, like the ability to quiet him when he is upset and calm him down to go to sleep. But we are past that, there is no turning back. The other day he was pulling at my shirt and I asked him “Do you want to nurse?” (not that he could) and he gave me this look as if to say “Hell No!” so that’s settled. He’s not interested, I’m not interested.

Now instead of nursing away his teething pain, he bits me in the shoulder. It’s better than biting my nipples, but it’s not helping him or I to get rid of his pain. I am so glad Hyland’s Teething Tablets are back on the market!

I am also left with awkwardly lopsided breasts. I know this is not an anomaly, but it sucks. I don’t want to wear a chicken cutlet for the rest of my life simply so I can be evened out, it’s bad enough they aren’t as high as they used to be!

One thing to note- there has been absolutely NO change in their size! I mean I know they only liked to work at half capacity, but come on! Let’s put in a little effort here! I guess it saves me a trip to Victoria’s Secret since my bras all still fit. How many women can say they wear the same bras from conception through weaning?

So that’s where I’m at.

Where are you at? Link up to the Breastfeeding Blog Hop hosted by Jen, Marah and myself!

*Wean-Day

8 Comments on “W-Day Plus 60*”

1. 1 Gaby @ Tmuffin said at 8:54 am on October 20th, 2011:

Wow. That's great that you are confident in your weaning decision and don't regret anything. I look back and always wonder if I weaned too early. I'm PRETTY confident with my decision, but not as confident as you. I still miss the ability to nurse to calm a tantrum, but I don't miss the fact that I would be stuck nursing for another 20 minutes after that. And I don't miss the toddler teeth. (But of course, I have a nursing 9 month old with teeth at the moment…)
    My recent post WORDLESS WEDNESDAY: A Craft Project with a Toddler

2. 2 erinclot said at 9:06 am on October 20th, 2011:

Well, weaning wasn't really my decision- it was ALL Judah. that makes it a bit easier to swallow I think. He started dropping sessions as soon as he could walk and they just decreased from there. If he had still been asking, I'd still be offering.

3. 3 CeeJay said at 10:54 am on October 20th, 2011:

When I got pregnant with my son (he's now fifteen – years, not months) I was a DD. When he was two years old, I was a III (that's TRIPLE EYE!) I had a reduction. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I was a D. I'm now an F. Boobs are great, but they can suck!
    My recent post Nearing The End?

4. 4 Lori said at 8:02 pm on October 20th, 2011:

So… I went to a baby wearing class today and doing some of the back carries and clipping chest straps – yeah… I look like a freak show. I’m completely flat on the right and HUGE on the left.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

5. 5 pinkoddy said at 12:49 pm on October 21st, 2011:

Glad you had a good experience in weaning. Hell hope my boobs stay the same size when I eventually stop.

6. 6 lilburghers said at 10:58 am on October 23rd, 2011:

What a nice "perk"! 🙂 I love the "oh hell no" look…and can just imagine when I'll start getting it. Enjoyed your post! 🙂

7. 7 redmestic said at 7:46 pm on October 23rd, 2011:

My first self weaned at 15 months due to my pregnancy. My second was going STRONG and was really hard to wean at 14 months (pregnant again and now with a history of preterm labor). I changed a good deal in size from pregnancy to weaning but it was gradual. Now I'm waiting for the "pregnant boobs" to arrive, but it seems that I just have 2 deflated balloons hanging there!
    My recent post 25 FREE Cards from Shutterfly: Giveaway Sweepstakes