Putting it in Writing

Posted: October 25th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Stream of Consciousness | Tags: Blogging, parenting | 10 Comments »

Juice! Apple Juice!  Actually, I don’t even know how to write it in his super-halting speech- Guis? Jus?  Really sharp, really fast.  Wyatt wants juice.  All. The. Time.  Before 2 months ago, juice was a very rare treat.  It’s still watered down but all of a sudden water is not an acceptable choice.  It’s making me crazy.  The demands for juice.

Potty Training.  I’m not getting my hopes up and I am not trying to jinx it.  But…we’ve been sitting on the potty.  It started with a few days of him constantly pulling off his pants and then asking for the potty chair.  Still nothing to show for it- but it’s a start.

I (point to your eyes) Love (point to your heart) YOUYOUYOUYOU (tickled the toddler standing in front of you and listen to then laugh).  This has been a favorite forever.  This week Lincoln kicked it up a notch by making the sounds (eyyyyyyyyye, ovvvvvvvvve, yeyeyeyeyeyey) and doing the gestures back.  It was amazing.

Bedtime routine.  I think we finally have it down.  We used to say “march march march” and the boys would jump up and run to their beds.  We stopped saying that awhile ago and haven’t really had a way to rally the troops.  Since moving Judah in with the big boys, every bedtime revolves around singing.  Now when we sing “Come on Over and Sit Right Down…..” they all run to the bedroom (Wyatt yelling for his sippy and medicine) and they sit.  Ready to sing songs.  We’re really bad at children’s songs and we are usually making it up as we go.  The other night Yogi Dad stopped in the middle of a song he was freestyling and  said “this is horrible” and started up with another song.  I think we need a playlist.

It’s nice to have a bump in traffic every once in awhile.

I am way behind on my laundry folding and I don’t care because the Family Closet is an AMAZING place to hide unfolded laundry.  There it is- all in once place!  Folded, unfolded.  It doesn’t matter- it’s all there!

Judah is solid as a rock.  He ate 3 servings at lunch today.  TANK.

I am emotionally and physically exhausted.  I went to bed before 9pm last night and I could use a nap.  I blame the weather.

10 Comments on “Putting it in Writing”

1. 1 julie said at 7:57 pm on October 25th, 2011:

WOW!!! It's so exciting to hear the new things the boys do.And to have Lincoln copy the "I Love You" routine, that is awesome. I will throw in here that they like it best when Gramma does it LOL!!! JK. I think he's getting it. He'll be there soon. He's my boy. And that Judah, yes he is a tank. he eats the other two right under the table!! You have had a lot going on this week.
    I can't wait to have on Sat. night.
    Mom

2. 2 erinclot said at 7:34 am on October 26th, 2011:

Make sure you make extra of whatever you are cooking because Judah is bringing his appetite 🙂

3. 3 Jenna said at 9:23 pm on October 25th, 2011:

if you need a new playlist, maybe it's time to bust out that awesome CD Judah got for his birthday. If you've worn it out, I can certainly look into getting you another copy ;p

4. 4 erinclot said at 7:33 am on October 26th, 2011:

I totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder!

5. 5 Salt in Suburbia said at 9:48 pm on October 25th, 2011:

Wow, the interest in the potty chair is pretty exciting stuff! Don’t downplay it. And yes, there is something about these shortening fall days that is making me (and the kids) more tired. Definitely.
    Salt in Suburbia recently posted..It’s the Little ThingsMy Profile

6. 6 erinclot said at 7:34 am on October 26th, 2011:

I'm trying to keep it fun- his patience with sitting there is amazing. I just don't know how to get him to "go"!

7. 7 Debbie/Africa said at 12:49 pm on October 26th, 2011:

Much luck with the potty training!!! I hope you get some rest ASAP or that the weather changes, hehe!! I am going to invest in a laundry closet I think, good idea!!!
    Debbie/Africa recently posted..Day 30 – Your favorite songMy Profile

8. 8 erinclot said at 8:51 pm on October 26th, 2011:

I am seriously in love with having a place to put everything/ fold everything/ hide everything! It's PERFECT!

9. 9 savvyshoppercentral said at 6:23 pm on October 27th, 2011:

I'm really considering the idea of a family closet. I have twins & then a 4 & 6 yo that wear the same size. It would be so much easier just to fold & put everything away in one room, versus carrying it throughout the house & putting in the correct dresser/closets.
    My recent post Fundraiser: Emmalynn Matthies

10. 10 erinclot said at 8:38 pm on October 27th, 2011:

I love it so much- it's just the boys stuff and the cloth diapers and changing table so it's like kid central in there. I do all their dressing changes/ diaper changes in there. It's just so awesome. I don't think I will ever NOT have one after this.