Twitter Swoon

Posted: November 21st, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Autism | Tags: Autism, Twitter | 6 Comments »

Last night after we tucked the Three Amigos into bed I sat down to check Twitter before starting the dishes. The first thing I noticed was a super long hashtag: #YouMightBeAnAutismParentIf. I love me some hashtags but I don’t usually jump onto something that might be trending unless I’m at a Twitter party or something. This one though, this one I couldn’t pass up!

Twitter November 2011

I clicked to see what other parents were saying and I was hooked!

Twitter Novemeber 2011

These were my people. Telling it like it is. The good. The bad. The weird. The embarrassing.

Twitter november 2011

I talk to autism parents all the time on Twitter, it’s one of the things that makes me feel sane. But last night? It was like an event! It had me alternately laughing out loud and in tears with each new tweet.

Twitter November 2011

I followed that hashtag for 4 hours before I finally went to bed, leaving my dishes to sit in the sink until today. Where they are being further neglected as I write this post.

Twitter November 2011

We are almost to the 1 year mark for the boys diagnosis. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be able to laugh and cry at what autism brings in the the span of 2 minutes, I never would have believed you.

I’m glad to be here.

6 Comments on “Twitter Swoon”

1. 1 Laura P said at 10:19 am on November 21st, 2011:

I clicked on the hashtag last night after I seen one of your tweets. I was loving and relating to so much of what I read. The one about being able to tell others what show & scene is so true. Although for us it has moved on to commercials. lol My son is an advertisers dream come true, he runs to the tv when commercials come on and will then tell you the phone number and/or web address.

2. 2 KarenASMom said at 7:31 pm on November 21st, 2011:

I thought I was the only one up way past my bedtime following those Tweets. Then woke up to catch up before I left the comfort of my bed. So awesome to connect with people who get it.

3. 3 julie said at 12:20 pm on November 22nd, 2011:

I am so glad I can be here with you. This has been a great journey and I would not change it for anything. I love "my boys" to death and will do anything for you and John to make things go more smoothly.

4. 4 AutismWonderland said at 3:14 pm on November 28th, 2011:

I love that you left your dishes in the sink – ME TOO! So nice to know we're not alone with our dishes…or our children with autism.

I didn't really get into twitter until this hashtag came along…so happy I've discovered it.

This is one of mine – @LaliQuin
    #YouMightBeAnAutismParentIf you don't mind riding up and down escalators at the mall because it makes your kid happy.

My recent post #YouMightBeAnAutismParentIf

5. 5 erinclot said at 9:49 pm on November 28th, 2011:

It was so much fun and I'm glad it's still going strong!

6. 6 buy site traffic web said at 11:16 am on January 6th, 2012:

My California Weight Loss diet invariably is an cost effective and versatile staying on your diet tv show made for people who find themselves planning to drop extra pounds and furthermore ultimately keep a much healthier habits. la weight loss 625468

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.