Top 10 Things That Make Us Work

Posted: December 29th, 2011 | Author: | Filed under: Stream of Consciousness | Tags: Top 10 | 6 Comments »

Here’s a quick top 10 list of things that *I* think make our marriage work:

(In no particular order)

– We are able to laugh, a lot- even when things are stressful
– We both have the same sense of humor (which is a little “off”)
– We are both pretty even keeled
– He is outgoing, I am more introverted which seems to compliment well
– We both compromise
– We can argue (and even go to bed mad) but we don’t let things escalate
– We let each other have our hobbies
– We like to spend time together above everything else
– We both dealt with the autism diagnosis fairly well and pulled together as a team
– We both know that marriage is “work” but it doesn’t have to be *hard* work (actually, most days it doesn’t feel like work and I feel like I must be doing it wrong)

Now it’s your turn! What makes your marriage (or relationship) run smoothly?

Also- if you could follow me on Google + that would be totally awesome, Google is taking Google Friend Connect away from all blogs hosted on WordPress soon and I’d hate for you to miss a single post!

• No Related Posts

6 Comments on “Top 10 Things That Make Us Work”

1. 1 Vanessa Coker said at 4:39 pm on January 4th, 2012:

Awww cute. I think the fact that our personalities are complete opposites, makes our marriage run smoothly. I know when to tell him things need to pick up a little and he knows exactly when I need to calm down a bit. Financially, it's funny because when I'm freaking out he's confident everything will work out and when he's freaking out, I'm not. We're funny like that.

2. 2 Sarah said at 9:57 pm on January 7th, 2012:

Stumbled! Our marriage works well when we do the things we love to do together and communicate!
    My recent post Vistaprint Groupon Deal: $17 for $70 Purchase

3. 3 Beth R said at 2:54 pm on January 11th, 2012:

I think sometimes that is a great thing to look at ( I mean how your marriage works). I know sometimes I need to take more time to do that 🙂 Okay well one thing that helps it run smoothly is that I am super organized and he is more spontaneous (which is also great for the kids), we both love nature (and working in the yard is something we enjoy doing (kind of our date time during naps, weird I know), and we both try to see the positive in everything (can be hard but I think the other helps put everything in perspective).

4. 4 regan said at 6:48 pm on January 17th, 2012:

We work because in terms of our basic core selves, we're the same. It doesn't hurt that we like the same music, movies, tv shows, both like sports (me baseball, him football), etc.

5. 5 regan said at 6:49 pm on January 17th, 2012:

Oh, and we also have the same quirky sense of humor which is necessary because The Normals don't always get us 😉

6. 6 amy v said at 10:53 pm on January 30th, 2012:

our marriage works because we have an agreement that we don't do anything we wouldn't want our partner doing/saying. i think ther'd be a lot less affairs and divorces if more people did that! we respect each other and our personalities mesh well-we're different, yet similar….if that makes sense.

annae07 at aol dot com