It’s a New Day. It’s a New Dawn.

Posted: January 5th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: Breastfeeding Blog Hop | Tags: Breastfeeding, Goals | 21 Comments »

It’s the first week of 2012 and it seems like a great time to reassess our current breastfeeding goals, tis the season for resolutions. I know when I first started nursing The Tank I had a few different goals in mind. Some of the goals seemed very lofty at the time but we were able to meet them- even if we barely squeaked by. It was actually hard for me to set a shorter term goal, it seemed like defeat in a way. It was one of the best things I could have done. When I met that 6 month goal I felt like we could do anything.

Judah weaned back in August, shortly after his 1st Birthday, so I don’t have any breastfeeding goals for myself per se. My goals at this time revolve around sustaining this hop and nurturing each and every one of you so you want to come back each week and share your experiences. We all have vastly different experiences and it’s so very important to let all of our voices be heard, you never know when someone is going to speak up and tell you how much you’ve helped them just by sharing your story.

So this is my plea to you: Keep sharing. Keep supporting. Keep reaching out and opening up and doing all of the things you have been doing over the past year. If you have any ideas of things you are itching to cover, shoot me an email at admin@theslackermom.com.

We’re going to try a few different things and see if it helps facilitate conversations a little better. For those of us who have a passion for Twitter- the hashtag #BFBlogHop. I love a good hashtag and when I was breastfeeding and pumping I was on Twitter talking about breastfeeding more than I care to admit. We also have a Facebook page in the works for those of us with an addiction to that social media behemoth- I will let you know when that goes live!

So, stay connected! Link up! I am going to do my best to get the topic out each Wednesday night on Twitter (you can follow me @TheSlackrMom) and on The Slacker Mom Facebook page. You can also check out the new Breastfeeding Blog Hop page right here on my blog. It will be updated with a new button soon and each weeks linky will be archived there. The past year will still be archived at Life with Levi.

This post is part of the Breastfeeding Blog Hop, hosted by The Slacker Mom and co-hosted by Happiness Redefined (formerly Diary of a Devil Dog Wife- update your subscriptions!) and The Gnome’s Mom. The linky will be open Thursday and Friday of each week, feel free to link up with any post, new or old hat pertains to this weeks topic.

So, what are your breastfeeding goals in this new year?

21 Comments on “It’s a New Day. It’s a New Dawn.”

1. 1 Sarah Jane said at 10:10 am on January 5th, 2012:

I plan on linking up tomorrow, but one of my goals is to keep breastfeeding as long as my daughter wants me to nurse her.
    My recent post Breastfeeding in Public

2. 2 erinclot said at 8:37 pm on January 6th, 2012:

I was really glad that Judah weaned himself and I didn't have to make that decision, that said- I did get t the point where I was kind of ready to be done (even after fighting so hard).

3. 3 Jeniffer @ SNC said at 10:21 am on January 5th, 2012:

I'm excited to see what the new year will bring the BFBlogHop! My goals this year are to nurse my 11 month old for as long as possible and to start nursing my new little one come August. I'd love to tandem nurse, but we'll see how it goes. 🙂
    My recent post Breastfeeding Blog Hop: Wishin’ and Hopin’ and Thinkin’ and Prayin’…

4. 4 erinclot said at 8:37 pm on January 6th, 2012:

I'm excited too! This is really a great group and it seems to grow as more people find us 🙂

5. 5 Beth R said at 11:47 am on January 5th, 2012:

I so excited about the BFBlog Hop. I am currently nursing my 7 month old and would like to continue with it until he wants to wean himself. His brother self wearned at 15 months so I am hoping we can go a lot longer than that.

6. 6 erinclot said at 8:39 pm on January 6th, 2012:

I love that letting them lead the way with weaning is such a big theme in the goals 😉

7. 7 Marah said at 12:44 pm on January 5th, 2012:

thanks for staying a part of the hop! i hope that 2012 brings great things for our hop! 🙂

8. 8 erinclot said at 8:40 pm on January 6th, 2012:

Of course! I can't imagine life without the hop! Glad you are sticking around too, I hope we can offer you lots of support when baby girl comes in February 🙂

9. 9 Mandy S said at 2:03 pm on January 5th, 2012:

2012 is bringing big changes to our home — DD will be 6 months old on Saturday, and I go back to work on Monday. BFing goal is to keep providing all of her milk – finding time to pump at work and managing the new schedule (including so much time away from my little one…I'm already missing her!!)

10. 10 erinclot said at 8:42 pm on January 6th, 2012:

First off- how awesome that you were off for 6 months, I am sure those extra weeks helped a lot. I hope the next few days and weeks go by smoothly as you transition to a new routine. There may be some bumps in the road but there are ways to make it work. It's tough to be away for so long.

11. 11 Gaby @ Tmuffin said at 9:22 pm on January 5th, 2012:

Whew! It has been a busy day, but one of my goals is to post on the blog hop every week. I love this community, and it's so helpful to get this kind of support from people who have experienced breastfeeding in so many different ways. I'm excited to follow the hop this year!
    My recent post The Breast Resolution Ever

12. 12 erinclot said at 8:46 pm on January 6th, 2012:

I LOVE your goal! and I love seeing you each week (and seeing you on Facebook) Glad you are sticking around- even on the busy weeks!

13. 13 TheBreastfeedingBlog said at 9:38 am on January 6th, 2012:

Thank you so much for keeping the blog hop hoppin! I look forward to a new year filled with reading everyone's awesome and inspiring posts!
    My recent post Breastfeeding Resolutions in 2012

14. 14 erinclot said at 8:46 pm on January 6th, 2012:

I look forward to everyone's posts too- we have a really great group here! Thank you for being a part of that 🙂

15. 15 erinclot said at 8:44 pm on January 6th, 2012:

Woo hoo! Almost to one year! t the end we just had the late night, right before bedtime sessions and the early morning sessions with a middle of the night session every once in awhile. Those nighttime ones are hard to kick, they love that cuddly mommy time when it's all nice and quiet 🙂

16. 16 Mrs. Smitty said at 9:04 pm on January 6th, 2012:

My goals for this year include sticking through the entire year. My daughter is now almost 8 months and this time around, I struggled in the beginning, but I stayed with it, my husband was supportive and I changed my personal perspective to "I don't care what others think, I'm doing what I think is best for my kid."

So my goals for the year are to keep on keeping on. Nursing on demand, keeping a great supply, advocating if given the opportunity..
    My recent post HAPPY NEW YEAR!

17. 17 erinclot said at 8:38 pm on January 8th, 2012:

Great goals all around- and Two thumbs up for an awesome husband! It's tough to do it without that support!

18. 18 Rachel N said at 12:42 pm on January 7th, 2012:

I have a feeling that my son will be done around his first birthday. He is getting impossible to nurse during the day at only 7 months…he is just not interested. I will push on until he is 1 but after that I will let him choose when to quit.

19. 19 erinclot said at 8:40 pm on January 8th, 2012:

Judah climbed down from my lap at 8.5 months, walked across the floor to play with his brothers and it was never the same from that day on. He had places to go, people to see and we just had to limp along any way we could, which was when it was nice and quiet. Good luck the next 5 months- I'll be rooting for you!

20. 20 Vanessa Coker said at 5:07 pm on January 8th, 2012:

My breastfeeding goals for this new year is to keep nursing until late February when my son turns one… and to nurse in public more often.

21. 21 erinclot said at 8:43 pm on January 8th, 2012:

I think it's interesting how in the early months, when we are figuring out nursing with our infants we don't nurse in public as often and then as they grow we've built up the confidence to NIP and then it gets more difficult because they are exploring and more easily distracted. I wish you many months of pursuing your goals!