I Love Valentine’s Day!

Posted: January 24th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: Reviews and Giveaways, Sponsored Posts | Tags: Holidays | 12 Comments »

When I was a kid I loved Valentine’s Day.  I loved decorating my little shoe box.  I loved getting the tiny cards from everyone in the class.  I loved the conversation hearts, I even loved those heart shaped cherry flavored suckers.  I can still taste that distinct Valentine’s Day sucker taste.

I am kind of wondering at what point the boys will start to partake in Valentine’s festivities at school.  We sent a whole bag of party supplies on their birthday so they could have the typical school birthday experience.  (I admit I may have gone overboard with the hats and noise makers.)  Doesn’t Valentine’s Day fit into the typical school holiday experience?

I know there are plenty of jaded men and women who will blow off Valentine’s and declare it a “Hallmark Holiday” and this may be true.  But what happened to the magic?  What happened to the sparkle?  What happened to the fun crafts and covering everything in pink and red?  Is there really anything wrong with taking one day to celebrate love above all other things?  It doesn’t mean you can’t show your significant other lots of affection and love the other 364 other day of the year, Valentine’s Day just makes it a little more fun.

Plus, it’s a great excuse to get out to that new restaurant you have been meaning it try.  As a parent to three kids ages 3 and under, sometimes it takes an occasion to get me out of my jeans and into a fancy restaurant.  And by “sometimes” I mean all the time!

This year I have been contemplating sending Valentine’s cards to school with the boys.  It can’t hurt and I’m sure the other kids would get a kick out of it.  Tiny Prints has some really cute cards- I’m thinking Rocket Ships for Wyatt and maybe some Dinosaurs for Lincoln!

Either way I’d better get with it.  I am notoriously bad at sending out holiday cards and I have no doubt that Valentine’s Day greeting cards will be no different.  At least I don’t have to go through the hassle of getting stamps and getting them in the mail!

Have you checked out Tiny Prints?  You can follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Disclosure: I have been provided product in exchange for this post.  All opinions are mine.

12 Comments on “I Love Valentine’s Day!”

1. 1 amy v said at 10:59 pm on January 24th, 2012:

i know what you mean- valentines day rocks! i L.O.V.E.D. getting the special valentines at school and yes, i too remember those suckers! 😉 ahh the simple joys of childhood.

annae07 at aol dot com

2. 2 Becky Worthman said at 10:08 am on January 25th, 2012:

Most schools took the fun out of any holiday…there seems to be now special days any longer.

3. 3 samantha clinton said at 1:09 pm on January 25th, 2012:

i still love v-day!! always have and always will!! i make a HUGE deal out of it with my kids and get them super cute mushy things 🙂 i also spoil my husband. i dont believe its a holiday for just women to get spoiled and loved 🙂

4. 4 Rachel N said at 4:04 pm on January 25th, 2012:

I am so excited to make valentines day special for my boys (well, the baby won't understand yet but my 2 year old will). So much fun stuff to do with your kids on valentines day, LOVE IT!

5. 5 Beth R said at 7:28 pm on January 25th, 2012:

Becky, the sad thing is being a former Kindergarten teacher, the schools didn't take the fun out the parents and the government do. You would not believe how many parents complain about celebrating holidays and how schools are not the place etc. So a lot of schools had to change policy to "please" the parents. Plus with all of the emphasis on state testing that makes it difficult as well.
    I for one love celebrating anything and my son and I are working on making our traditional homemade valentine's for our neighbors and homemade valentine's day dog treats for the dogs 🙂

6. 6 crystal s. said at 10:24 am on January 26th, 2012:

I have always loved v day too. I miss how it was in school though.

7. 7 Susane said at 4:31 pm on January 26th, 2012:

Great idea! This Valentines Day I will try to make it a special one for my kids as well 😉
    Susane
    My recent post Phlebotomy Certification Classes

8. 8 Rebecca said at 5:42 pm on January 26th, 2012:

My mother in law decided to give us corny little gifts last year, and I make a nicer meal that night, otherwise we don't really do much

9. 9 Texas Momma said at 6:03 pm on January 26th, 2012:

I LOVE Valentine’s Day too! I loved it when I was a kid in school and my friends and I exchanged those cute little kiddy cards all the way through high school! Now with my kids they get a card, candy, and some other cute little thing…last year it was cups that light up! I also always go out to dinner with my husband, but never actually on Valentine’s day! We both hate the crowds and long waits so we go the day before or the day after! Plus that way my parents or his can babysit and we’re not spoiling their night together! <3

10. 10 Sarah Jane said at 11:12 am on January 27th, 2012:

I LOVE Valentine's Day!! And LOVE TInyprints!!
    My recent post Mummy's Yeast Rolls {Recipe}

11. 11 Vanessa Coker said at 12:15 pm on January 27th, 2012:

lol yes! I totally agree with the nice restaurant part 🙂

12. 12 cheap bras said at 3:02 am on February 4th, 2012:

I really liked reading your post!. Quallity content. With such a valuable blog i believe you deserve to be ranking even higher in the search engines :). Check out the link in my name Padded Bra. That links to a tool that really helped me rank high in google. This way even more people can enjoy your posts wedding party dresses and nothing beats a big audiance 😉