100 Things Part 2.

Posted: March 10th, 2012 | Author: | Filed under: Stuff I Like | 10 Comments »

So, I’m 34 today. It seems so, er, uneventful.

What did I do last year? What are my plans for next year? Should I be keeping some sort of journal as time marches on? I started a 100 things I want to do before I die list somewhere along the line. I never added to it and I haven’t looked at it since I wrote it.

Let’s open that up, shall we?

100 Things Part 1.

1. Travel in China (cliche I know but I’d like to)
2. Travel in Russia (can’t justify my major without it)
3. Live on the East Coast (retire to Annapolis, see 4)
4. Learn how to sail (actually, have a nice boat, sail to boat shows)
5. Spend Christmas in Virginia (John, Debby- don’t move!)
6. Make Christmas Eve tamales from scratch (I cheat and buy from restaurants)
7. Tailgate at Homecoming (10 hours is not a long drive)
8. Live on the water (lake, ocean, river, doesn’t matter)
9. Learn how to sew (relearn, I’ve got the machine…)
10. Own a big old house with nice woodwork, claw foot tubs and radiators (I love me some radiant heat)

OK, so I’ve done one single thing on my list.  ONE!  Did I mention this was written 4 years ago before I knew I was pregnant with the twins?  Why was there not “Have a bunch of babies” on the list? I must have been trying to preserve the surprise…

Anyways, I suppose I should add a few more things, you know…Part 2.

11. Have another baby (that would be 4 kids)
12. Have a VBAC (not because I feel cheated, but because there is no reason not to)
13. Learn how to can something (Pepper jelly? Pickled Cabbage?  The possibilities!)
14. Do something official with Breastfeeding (IBCLC? Aim high!)
15. Belong to a CSA
16. Work out regularly (at least 3 days a week)
17. Learn how to do my hair (properly)
18. Own a bonafide CUTE purse
19. Learn how to frost a cake (well)
20. Travel to northern Europe and see where my ancestors came from (Sweden, Norway)

Check back in 4 years to see Part 3!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to ME.  I’m going to celebrate with a super fancy lunch with the fam at Red Robin and I couldn’t be happier about it.  Oh how times have changed.

• No Related Posts

10 Comments on “100 Things Part 2.”

1. 1 Bellesouth said at 10:27 am on March 10th, 2012:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I turned 34 in September. Really no benefits as far as I can tell.

Why do we have bucket lists so incrementally in our lives? I like one HUGE bucket list.
    Bellesouth recently posted..Why is weight-loss drug Alli out of stock? Here’s your answer.My Profile

2. 2 erinclot said at 10:31 am on March 10th, 2012:

I have a hard time coming up with 100 things- 10 at a time is hard enough!

3. 3 Julie said at 11:45 am on March 10th, 2012:

At first: very happy birthday to you! I really like your bucket list, I hope you're going to reach all the points as soon as possible! Having 4 kids is the most beautiful thing in one's life! I promise! (I'm a mom of 4, too:))
    My recent post wisdom teeth

4. 4 Jenna said at 12:29 pm on March 10th, 2012:

I think you've got a shot at crossing a few more of these off your list. You could knock out 11 and 12 in one sweep, and I'm confident that you'll have no problem with #6 if you just get what you need. 18 shouldn't be too tough either. YouTube could probably teach you how to do #19, and I think we could probably learn how to do #17 together. I've got no tips for the traveling though. Win the lottery? Happy Birthday, Sis. I'll see you in a bit. Sam's coming too.

5. 5 Catwoman said at 6:05 pm on March 10th, 2012:

Such a great bucket list! I think I need to write a list like yours, too. I don't want to forget anything important, IVe got so much to do in this life!
    My recent post Trip to Budapest

6. 6 Ashlee_DiaperCo said at 12:59 pm on March 11th, 2012:

#11. – Once baby #4 happens – so many cute newborn cloth diapers out there to try…decisions decisions…:)
    #13. – Me too! I actually have both a pressure canner and a hot water bath canner. Pickling/canning party, perhaps with the FB group? Would be fu-un. Or start with sauerkrat or counter pickles. Alex makes both and occassion and apparently it's pretty easy.
    #14. – I thought about being a lactation consultant myself for a while. You should go for it. You are very easy to talk to and I bet that you would be excellent at it. I think being a leader of a LLL group is a helpful step in that direction.
    #15. – If you find a good one in the TC, do share. I want to join one as well, esp a meat CSA.
    #17. – I'm with ya on this…I suck at hair. My mom made me get horrible perms until about 7th grade because I would refuse to even brush my hair. My skills have not increased too much since then, lol.
    #20. – You can visit the first IKEA! I kid, I kid. I can only dream of visiting Europe myself – though I have my eye on Poland.
    Hope your birthday was grand and here's to attacking your "bucket list" *raises glass* 🙂

7. 7 John Clotfelter said at 4:34 pm on March 12th, 2012:

11. Have another baby (that would be 4 kids)

WTF?

🙂 Just kidding.

8. 8 Beki Cook's Cakes said at 7:16 am on March 14th, 2012:

John wins the comment contest! 😉
    And Erin… you and me… we're going to conquer this cake icing thing. We need to pick a day when the kids are away. You come here or I come there. Maybe that will get me to actually get it in a video. Let's do this. I will help you cross off #19.
    What are you doing Friday?
    😉 Beki
    My recent post Celebrate Pi(e) Day

9. 9 Darcy said at 11:07 am on March 14th, 2012:

Hey…even if you did 1/3 of your 20 – how awesome would that be?! Fun stuff…I really should get onto doing a 'list'…time's tickin. When I was younger…it was more about letting life happen, and take advantage of all the fun stuff that came along. Now, (i'm way older 😉 ), I need to kick in gear a bit more and live w/ a little more purpose. Especially as our kids are getting older! So…happy birthday again! I was so honored to spend time w/ you and your friends on your birthday – such a great coffee! Only wish we would have known it was your birthday sooner! So…another Happy Bday to you!!!

10. 10 Cindy said at 4:29 am on March 20th, 2012:

While I am 26 and I can hardly come with 10 things. learn Spanish, learn to play guitar and exercise regularly…erm.. That's all really!
    My recent post What causes dandruff